What we do flows from who we are--Charles Colson
This we believe at Palisades Elementary School...
- Education is the key to success for our PES students in the 21st century. We provide a unified, collaborative, and motivating environment where all students can become high achievers.
- We instill in our students that education is a lifelong learning process that requires dedication, responsibility, consistency, and cooperation by all of the school community.
- Here at PES, we mist provide a positive, safe environment that is conducive to learning
- Our school environment must promote communication amongst all of the school community
- We are student centered and whole child focused, which is fostered by respect, enthusiasm, and the courage to get involved and take risks
- As teachers, we use a variety of teaching strategies to reach the needs of all of our students by differentiating towards their individual learning styles
- Also, as teachers, we model the positive behaviors we expect from our students.
- Together as a school staff, we must develop the child mentally, physically, emotionally, and socially in order to enrich learning
- Our students at PES know that what we teach and what they learn is meaningful, purposeful, relevant, fun, and worthwhile in their lives.
- We recognize that all our students are unique and are contributing members to our school and community
An Oli Aloha for Pacific Palisades Elementary School
'EIA MAKOU, NA LIKO I KA MALIE,
Here we are as buds in the peaceful calm,
'EIA MAKOU, NA PUA I NA PALI,
Here we are as children (flowers) in the uplands,
'EIA MAKOU, NA MOHALAPUA,
Here we are as flowers in full bloom,
ALOHA E, ALOHA E, ALOHA E.
Our greetings and love to all.
-Kupuna Ron Wise, August 12, 2016
Palisades Elementary School Kula Mele
We're proud to be at Palisades School.
We try to live by the Golden Rule
We are the best in Pearl City Town.
And better people can't be found.
We'll always hold dear these happy days,
Learning about the world and its ways.
We've been given inspiration to reach our highest goals.
In Spring 2016, Palisades Elementary School received a six year term with no revisit. Part way through the term, we will be sending in a progress report to WASC.
ACS WASC accreditation is a process schools use to monitor student learning and set school improvement goals. Schools assess their program and the impact on student learning with respect to the ACS WASC criteria and other accreditation factors.
Every six years, accredited schools conduct a self-study and host a self-study visit. The self-study process culminates in the refinement of a schoolwide action plan. Appropriate reports and reviews throughout the six-year cycle of accreditation support this process.
Palisades Elementary Staff
They make a difference everyday.
Teachers and staff come from different parts of the island, and there are a number who live in the Palisades community. All of them, however, hold to our Palisades beliefs and support our students and the community.